Recipe Onion Soup Big Green Egg
TECHNIQUE: GRILLING, INDIRECT COOKING, COOKING
PREPARATION: 15 MINUTES
PREPARATION: 45 MINUTES
QUANTITY: 6 PEOPLE
7 LARGE ONION SOUP
1 PIECE OF MACE
150 ML OF AMBER BEER
2 TAKES OF TIME
8 BAY LEAVES
2 LTR. BEEF BROTH
1 TBSP POTATO STARCH
6 SLICES OF WHITE CASINO BREAD
150 GRAMS OF GRATED GRUYERE
150 GRAMS OF GRATED MOZZARELLA
20 SPRIGS OF CHIVES
Light the charcoal in the Egg and heat to 200 degrees Celsius using the Cast Iron Grid. Cut the onions into thick rings and grind or rub the cloves and mace.
1. Place the onion slices on the grill and grill for about 2 minutes per side Close the Egg lid in between.
2. Remove the slices from the Egg and remove the grill. Insert the Conveggtor, place the Stainless Steel Grid and place the Cast Iron Dutch Oven on it. Cut the cooled onions into large pieces.
3. Add the onions to the pan and add the Amber beer. Add the cloves, mace, thyme and bay leaves to the pan and pour in the beef stock. Close the Egg and bring the temperature to 170 degrees Celsius. Bring the soup to a boil. Meanwhile, cut the crusts off the bread and dice the bread. Mix the two cheeses together.
4. When the soup is boiling, remove the Dutch Oven from the Egg and remove the bay leaves and thyme. Mix the potato starch with a little water and add it to the onion soup. When the soup is bound, immediately spread the bread cubes and then the cheese over the soup. Place the Dutch Oven in the Egg and close the lid. Bring the temperature to 200 degrees Celsius and let the topping au gratin for 15-20 minutes. Cut the chives into pieces.
5. Remove the Dutch Oven from the Egg, ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with the chives
TASTY FOOD!Back to blog