Almond cake with raspberries, blueberries and meringue
For 12 people
About this dish
220 g sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
160 g self-rising baking flour
½ tsp salt
120 g almond flour
150 g butter
125 g raspberries
125 g blueberries
100 g sugar
- food processor
- large bowls
- gas torch (blow torch)
-Preheat oven to 160 ℃, lower and upper heat. Melt the butter on low
fire, do not let get too hot. Halve the raspberries.
- Place the sugar, eggs and vanilla in the food processor and mix on high speed until
the mixture is white and fluffy.
- Sift the baking flour and salt and gently spat it in.
- Then do the same with the butter and almond flour.
- Transfer the batter to a lined dense baking pan lined with baking paper and spread the
fruit on top.
- Bake the cake until done in about 30 minutes.
- Dump the cake onto a wire rack and let cool slightly.
- Put the egg whites with the sugar and a pinch of salt in a food processor.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until a firm, white foam forms.
Finishing and serving
- Divide the cake into pieces and place a piece on each plate.
- Transfer the beaten egg whites to a piping bag and pipe a nice pattern on the cake pieces.
- Carefully color the foam light brown with the gas burner.