Pizza with finocchiona, tagiassche olives and turnip greens
Appetizer, for 8 people
Preparation time: 45 minutes (+20 minutes waiting/overtime)
500 g wheat flour
1 sachet of yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
3 dl lukewarm water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 can of peeled tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp salt
250 g mozzarella
100 g finocchiona (Tuscan fennel salami)
4 tbsp taggiasche olives
75 g arugula
80 g Grana padano
- oven with pizza stone
- combi steamer
- rolling pin
- coarse cheese grater
- piping bag
- ladle or sauce ladle
- Mum with dough hook
- large bowls
- pizza cutter
- sauce pan
- hand blender
- Put the flour, salt, yeast and olive oil in the Mum with dough hook.
- Set the Mum to medium-high speed and add the water while spinning. Let it knead for about 5 minutes.
- Set the combi steamer on the proofing setting, 37 ℃.
- Remove the dough from the Mum and divide it into 4 balls. Place a sheet of baking paper in the steam tray with holes, grease it lightly and place the four balls in it at a wide distance from each other.
- Let the balls rise for 45 minutes.
- Peel and crush the garlic clove.
- Heat the olive oil in the sauce pan and add the garlic. Cook for 10 seconds and then add the tomato (watch out for splashing).
- Add the oregano, salt and some pepper from the mill and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, then let cool slightly.
- Put the contents of the pan into the blender cup of the hand blender and puree coarsely.
- Cut the mozzarella into pieces.
- Thinly slice the finocchiona on the slicer and coarsely grate the Grana padano.
Finishing and serving
- Preheat oven with pizza stone to pizza setting, 300℃.
- Roll out the balls of dough into pizzas about 30-35 cm in diameter.
- Use the rounded side of a ladle or sauce spoon to spread the pizza thinly with the tomato sauce. Leave about 1½ cm free at the edge.
- Top with the mozzarella and then the finocchiona and olives.
- Bake them one at a time on the pizza stone for about 4 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle the pizza with some arugula, grated Grana and extra virgin olive oil. Cut into pieces with the pizza cutter and serve immediately.